Houston We Have a Malware Problem
Houston leads the pack with the number of malware infections according to the Houston Chronicle and a study conducted by virus protection firm, Webroot. But do not worry we are not alone. Following closely behind other major cities such as Chicago, Phoenix and Denver face alarming challenges as well. Companies are struggling to mount defenses as the rapid increase of cyber attacks has reached nearly 1 million cyber threats being released each day.
The Threat is Closer Than You Think
The common misconception used to be that large companies are too big to be hacked. However, in the recent years Cyber attacks have become common place in the news with security breaches of large household names such as Target, Wells Fargo, and Yahoo! Local businesses are no exception to being targeted by attacks as this article clearly demonstrates. Small businesses such as law firms, local doctor’s offices, and accounting firms are all prime targets for hackers mainly due to the fact that many of these firms currently lack minimal security infrastructure to no security protection, yet possess access to confidential information and personnel files.
The Last Line of Defense
Cyber Experts/ Security Professionals Note: Ted and Cherise Gutierrez are dedicated to delivering a Cyber Security Solution to help Houston businesses protect their assets and capital. You can secure peace of mind today and stay knowledgeable in this continuous fight by taking advantage of the following Professional Services:
Useful Tips to Take Away
- Make sure your computer is configured securely including your internet applications such as your Web browser and email software.
- Choose strong passwords and keep them safe with at least eight minimum characters with a combination of numbers, letters and special characters.
- Protect your computer with security software and make sure they are updated.
- Avoid Connecting to Public Wi-Fi you are unfamiliar with.
- Online offers that look too good to be true usually are.
- Review bank and credit card statements regularly.
- Increase employee awareness.
- Hire a security expert.
Contact Cyber Threat Be Gone for your business Security Assessment Today! 713-344-6351